The new "Forgot Password" feature makes it easy to reset a forgotten password. The process includes answering a single security question and entering a code that is sent to either your personal email address or texted to a phone number you have entered.
This option only works if you have set up multi factor authentication in MyCampus
Read our article on First Time Login: MyCampus and MyWITC for directions on setting this up
To reset your password
- Go to witc.edu, scroll to the top of the page and click on "MyCampus"
- When the login screen loads, click on "Forgot Password"
- A new window will open up, enter your ID number and click "Submit"
- Answer the security question from when you set up your multi factor authentication and click "Submit"
- Choose to have a one time use security code sent to your email or sent to your phone through text
- Next you'll enter the security code and click "Submit"
- Create a new password, confirm your new password, and click "Submit"
Tips for creating a secure password:
- Minimum of 13 characters
- Choose random words and stringing them together to create a passphrase
- Don't use a single word (e.g. "princess") or a commonly-used phrase (e.g. "ILoveYou"
- Do make your password hard to guess even by those who know a lot about you (don't use the names and birthdays of your friends or family, your favorite bands, or phrases you like to use)
- You can also use a long passphrase, but only include the first letter of each word to make the password
- Include numbers and characters if possible
If you haven't set up your MyCampus account you will need to submit a MyHelp Desk ticket