This option should be used by students and staff that are logging into WITC services for the first time. This process includes entering verification information and setting the WITC network password.
Students should completely follow all of these instructions to setup their MyCampus and MyWITC accounts. You must set up BOTH accounts
Start by accessing the MyCampus portal at https://mycampus.witc.edu or by using the link located at the top of WITC's website.
1) When logging into MyCampus for the first time, you should use the "First Time User" option.
2) Enter your 8 digit student or staff ID number. Select Next to continue.
If you do not know your student ID number contact campus student services
Staff will need to contact Human Resources
3) Enter your last 4 digits of your social security number. Select "Next" to continue
4) Enter your 2 digit birth month. Select "Next" to continue
5) Enter your 2 digit birth day. Select "Next" to continue
6) Enter your 4 digit birth year. Select "Next" to continue
If an error is encountered you will need to submit a ticket through the WITC Help Desk
7) After your personal information has been verified a "Please create your new password" prompt will be displayed. Enter your new password twice and select "Submit"
Tips for creating a secure password:
- Minimum of 13 characters
- Choose random words and stringing them together to create a passphrase
- Don't use a single word (e.g. "princess") or a commonly-used phrase (e.g. "ILoveYou"
- Do make your password hard to guess even by those who know a lot about you (don't use the names and birthdays of your friends or family, your favorite bands, or phrases you like to use)
- You can also use a long passphrase, but only include the first letter of each word to make the password
- Include numbers and characters if possible
8) Your password has been created and can be used to login once a success window is displayed
9) After creating a password you will be directed to the MyCampus login. Please login to the portal and complete the set up for multi factor authentication (this is how you will recover a forgotten password later) and helps protect your account right now.
Setting up Multi Factor Authentication in MyCampus
1) Access the MyCampus portal after completing the process above at https://mycampus.witc.edu
2) You will be presented with the WITC login screen, enter your 8 digit ID and password you created above, and click on "Login"
3) You will be directed to a new page and asked to re-enter your password. Enter your password one more time and click on "Sign in"
4) The security questions will be displayed. You must select three security questions and provide answers (you can use the drop down at each question to see your options). Choose the questions you're most likely to remember as you'll need these should you have to reset your password
5) Enter your answers to the security questions and hit "Submit"
6) Next you will set up email recovery. This is where you will use a personal email address to reset your password should you lose access to your WITC email. Enter your email address and click on "Verify"
7) A code will be emailed to the address you entered and must be entered to verify the address. Enter the code and select "Submit"
8) A green check mark will be displayed indicating that the email recovery address has been verified (you can update this email address later in your portal)
9) Click on "Phone Recovery" to enter a valid phone number (must be capable of receiving text messages). Enter your phone number including area code (ignoring hyphens), select your carrier from the drop down list, click on "Verify"
10) A code will be sent to your phone in a text message. Enter the texted code and click on "Submit". A green check mark will show your phone number has been verified
11) After the multi factor information has been successfully entered the My Applications button will become available. Click on My Applications to return to the portal single sign on applications