There are three ways to share a file in OneDrive for Business:
1. Share by hovering your cursor over a File or Folder:
- Go to OneDrive for Business through your Office 365 account. (This is located within your email application found in MyCampus.)
- Go to the site library that has your file or folder you want to share.
- Hover your cursor over the file/folder you want to share, then left click Share.
- In the share dialog box where it says Enter a name or email address, type the name or email address of the person or people you want to share the file or folder with.
- Select a permission setting in the drop down box, such as Anyone or People in Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College.
- Check or uncheck the Allow Editing box. Click Apply.
- Type a message to be included with an email that's sent to all invitees. The email will include a link to the shared file or folder.
- Click Send.
2. Share a file by using Copy Link
- You can share a link to a file by choosing Copy Link. The Copy link option is available in the share dialog box.
- This link can be shared with anyone by copying and pasting it into an email message. Below is a list of link options for sharing a file.
- You may also chose to share the link in an email by clicking Outlook. This will generate a new email with the link in the email body.
3. Share a file in any MS Office application.
- Show me how. (Click here for a video tutorial).
Download a handout on OneDrive: Sharing
Want to learn more about OneDrive? You can go through the Learning Commons' guide on OneDrive